Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year and Sandy's Prayer

We thank all of you for your kind support and encouragement.
2009 has been a great year.

Our dear Lord has blessed us mightily
and helped us with the rescuing and rehoming. 

He is the ulimate Rehomer
and His timing is perfect.

It is because of Him that many of our dogs have found good homes,
and have begun new chapters in their lives.

We pray that the new year will bring you health and happiness
May you be blessed with the love of your family and friends. 



A Very Happy New Year 


Sandy's prayer for 2010



"As I lay me down to sleep;
I pray dear Lord my food will keep;
And I do earnestly pray that when I wake
A family, waiting for me, will take


I have learnt to sit and sometimes paw
And still learning so much more;
Walk on leash, Don't pull, Don't rush
Don't bark, well not much :) 


The newspaper is my bane
I find it so funny, its like a game
But the cross looks from everyone when i pee
Tells me, Oops, Uh oh, but huh, I still don't see ....?


Its not easy but I'll try
If that makes me more adoptable ?.. sigh
I'm still young and have time
One day I'll be in my prime.


I know I don't look like the other pups
Who have floppy ears and soft goofy looks
Umm, I once had that
But then I grew


And now have BIG ears
That points to the sky
Just like my beautiful momma
Who told me to hold my head up high


Cos she says I'm as good as any other
Who comes with certs, or pedigree and whatever
Long fur with ribbons and bows all kinds of colour
I don't need them, only my collar


I will be quiet, I will be good
I will be faithful, loyal and true;
I promise I will stay by your side
Till the end of my time I'll bide,


Is there a home, a family,
Someone who cares
To take me in and love to share?
For now I'll wait and close my eyes in prayer"



Hopeful SANDY for Adoption
She is 3 months and such a clown now. She knows how to sit before her food / treats and has a very good appetite. She still learning how to toilet train but is a very curious pup and adores people, other dogs (and food), which we are happy as the vet says this is good rehabilitation on her part. No matter how soundly she is sleeping, snoring upside down turtle style, the minute she hears rustling of plastic bag or someone eating, you can be sure Sandy is silently by your side looking on - hopeful.

Yes Hopeful Sandy that is what we call her. Currently undergoing treatment right now for her skin due to environment and stress prior to her rescue, otherwise she is very healthy, playful and very cute, curious and has the saddest looking face with her big ears and huge eyes. Even when she is happy, she looks sad, only evidence of happiness is her waggy tail. She knows her name very well, knows how to sit and walks well on leash. We are still training her with toilet. She is not barky but whimpers or whine to sound her happiness or hunger.

Sandy was saved from being put down just hours before the deadline was up. Seeing her happy, alive and a carefree pup makes us very glad to have rescued her in the nick of time. Unfortunately, Sandy will not be suitable for HDB (or public housing) as she is considered a mid-size dog. She will grow into a small mid size.

Please call 91153067 or email anaterry@singnet.com.sg if you wish to give Sandy the gift of a family.



If you are thinking of getting that new pet,


Please consider Adopting first.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandy could fly with those ears! Hahaha so cute!

The RATS Team said...

Thanks Maovellous. Yes we love San-San's batty ears. When she is happy her ears are up, when she isn't, theY are angled sideways so no need to look at tail, ears can already!. May Sandy's ears always be batty and huge.